Thanksgiving...the annual day where we gather round a table full of food, friends, and family, to share our gratitudes for the year. So we thought this occasion would be a good opportunity to remind our followers that we at Gravel Grading & Excavating aren't just tough, good-looking guys. We are thankful for a lot of things.
1. We are thankful for our customers. In our line of work, we are lucky to help people build their dreams. Whether we get called in to help dig the foundation for a family's new home, install ag tile for a farmer making the best use of his field, or dig a new pond for some fishing and relaxation, we take great pride knowing that the work we do helps our customers.
2. We are thankful for big machines. Remember how much fun it was to play in the sandbox as a kid? Especially with those toys you could sit on and use the hand levers to scoop and move the sand? Yeah. We get to do that every day. At work. Now the sandbox toys are bigger, and they have engines and names like John Deere, Caterpillar, and Bobcat on the side. Plus, can you imagine trying to dig a foundation for a 400-head cattle building with a scoop shovel. Yeah. Neither can we.
3. We are thankful that we can make a living for our families while playing in the dirt. Much like #2, our favorite things to do as kids have become our jobs. There's nothing like the satisfaction of building something new or solving an engineering problem. It's a humbling experience to use our experience and skills to reroute waterways or reshape the landscape, and it never gets old.
4. We are thankful for our local communities. Oftentimes our crew gets called in to help on public works projects, and we enjoy helping our towns infrastructure function better. In the last year we've helped create new parking lots for our local medical center, prep sidewalks to keep our citizens safe, and work below the surface to keep water and sewer services functioning. The guys on our crew volunteer at local events and fundraisers and serve the community as members of organizations. Our homes and communities are important to us, and we're thankful to serve them.
5. We love to help people. In our line of work, we are lucky to help people build their dreams...oops. We already said that. But really, it's the best part of our job.
Thanks so much to our customers, family members, friends, and followers. We are grateful for your business since 2004, and we look forward to even more projects in 2020 and beyond.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving with your family and friends!
You'll find all the newest products and services recommended by Terry and Gravel Grading & Excavating.